Re: [MV] CUCV batteries

From: rcakitty@verizon.net
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 10:39:42 PDT

  The battery trays and holdowns are designed to receive either the commercial Group 31(which is what they came with from GM) and the military 6TL/TH batteries. Every CUCV I have seen that had the 6TL/TN's installed also had cracks in the inner fender and supports under them. Coupled to the fact that the Gp. 31 are maintenance-free(well,the Delco's and some others) and usually better CCA's - - what is your choice? Hope this helps, Robert Anderson 5/3 P.S. Either type battery WILL melt your starter and/or starter wiring IF you don't have fuel AND air available to the engine at the proper times and places!!!! RCA Oh, yes AND a working glow plug system!!