Anberdeen Rally Last Minute Notes

From: Janet A. Mele (jamele@erols.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 09:55:19 PDT

>From George Mele, Aberdeen Rally Judging and Display Chairman--12:20pm
Tuesday

Last minute notes on Aberdeen---

Am told by people on site that grass field is drying out nicely after
yesterdays heavy rain. HQ tent blew down and HQ area was a bit muddy. Sun
and nice breeze today and great weather called for rest of week.

Some top rate people have volunteered to act as guest judges--majority of
judges will NOT be members of WACBGMVT club so no favoritism possible.
Lineup includes Bill Wilson as senior judge ,Dave Ahl,Jim gilmore,Dave
Welch,Jamie O'connor,Gary Keeting,Randy Emr,Pete Miller,Tony Ankrom,John
McCleaf,Dean Hansen, and other great people.

Bringing a tracked vehicle to display??? The Stadium management has a
problem with allowing heavy tracked vehicles on the asphalt--the lot only
has its initial topping of 1 1/2 inches of surfacing and can be damaged by
heavy tracks. Weasels and half-tracks with rubber pads are probably ok if
offloaded and left as static display. All others STOP at HQ tent upon entry
to show and have me paged to direct you to an appropriate area.

This year we will be establishing a "for sale" area in the display field on
a space-available basis.
An additional $10 fee will get you a relatively secure spot with excellent
exposure for the duration of show. See me at the judging booth for the
window placard and space assignment.

Just a reminder that the WACBGMVT --Washington Area Chapter/Blue-Gray
Military Vehicle Trust is a certified IRS 501 (C) (3) charitable non-profit
corporation chartered for educational and charitable operations. Tjhe
proceeds of our volunteer efforts , including the EC Rally, go towards
donations to such organizations as the Ordnance <Museum, USS John Brown,
Army Relief, Boy Scouts, NRA Museum Foundation, Various veterans memorials
and other very worthy causes. Your space rental,admission fees,etc serve
many worthy causes. This year we are able to give charitable donation
receipts to vendors who donate items to our Friday auction so donate
generously and ask for a signed receipt to take donation off your taxes.

Drive safely, see you at the judging booth-----George and Jan Mele.