Super singles, Jakes, and turbos on 800 series. When did that start?

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 21:17:25 PDT

I'm doing a little research to try and find evidence that super singles,
Jake brakes, or turbos were used on 800 series trucks back in 1970. Even
if only some were made or modified that way, it's probably ok. My
collector insurance says the truck has to be 'stock' or modified with
stock parts from the era. I'd like to find evidence of an 800 series
truck with one or all of those goodies on it. Photos or manuals would be
great. Gene Pantano mused that it was about 1976 or so. Anyone else
care to weigh in on this? Thanks. Jim