CUCV QUESTIONS

From: mark baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 18:08:39 PDT

Folks
 I installed the steering system that I rebuilt for My M-1009, I replaced
the rack, the ignation switch, the turn signal switch, and the rack gear on
the back of the ignaton switch. I installed it in the truck on Tuesday
evening, bought one more battery for the trick on Wednesday night and just
got it installed tonight. I Got in and it fired right up. But it still will
not move, looks like the tranny fluid is low and I will top that off
Saturday.
 BUT as I was under the hood I opened up the radiator cap and it looked like
there was old black oil mixed in with antifrezze. I then pulled the engine
dip stick out to see if it looked like water in the oil and did not see any
sign that there was.
 Does any one have any ideas on what might be happing? Could this be tranny
oil? or some one poured oil into the radiator? or a problem with the engine.
I plan to drain the radiator and clean it out very soon, and ideas will help
as this truck sat for a long time.
 As always I Thank everyone for the answers I get
Mark M-886 and CUCV