Re: [MV] Battery Restoration revisited

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 05:05:44 PDT

I USE SULFURIC ACID IN MY DETERGENT MANUFACTURING AND WHAT NOEL SO ABLY
WROTE IS EXACTLY CORRECT -- REMEMBER ONE DROP IN EYE AND THAT EYE IS
BLIND ----------F O R E V E R

and may I repeat what he said ""BETTER still buy from as battery shop ready
to use.""
this does not negate the need for face shield / goggles, gloves

Everette

Subject: Re: [MV] Battery Restoration revisited

Hi Dave & List ,
                         If you propose to dilute Sulphuric acid for your
batteries NEVER add WATER to CONCENTRATED ACID , there will be a violent
reaction .
Use only glass or plastic containers !1
VERY SLOWLY add the acid to COLD water , there will still be a reaction that
produces alot of heat , allow the mixture to cool before checking SG .
WEAR goggles or better a face shield & rubber gauntlets plus old clothes and
have a supply of running water ready incase of accident .

BETTER still buy from as battery shop ready to use.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL Noel