Re: [MV] Aberdeen '04

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 16:41:21 PDT

Aberdeen 04 what a great show!

Pulled in home late last night. Put 1500 miles on the new minivan. Yes, I was the pale gold Chrysler minivan near the end of the convoy. Even in a minivan, the convoy was a terrific way come to Aberdeen. Already making plans to bring the deuce to next years event.

It was so nice to see friends such as Joe Young and Joe Trapp. It was really nice to put faces to some of the names that frequent this list. BTW: Hankie and Ronzo ARE as much fun in person as they are here on e-mail.

The friday night cookout at Joe Trapp's camp was the highlight for myself and my kids (Colleen and Ian). After dinner the military movie projector came out and we watched films including episodes of the Rat Patrol. Joe protected the projector w/ an umbrella during some intermittent sprinkles. During the movies, I had to step away to take a phone call. As I was on the phone I was looking back and saw (in the semi darkness) 6 deuces parked in a row. At one end, a bunch of friends sat laughing and enjoying Rat Patrol and I thought to myself that it doesn't get much better than this.

Thank you to ALL who worked so hard to make this a great event.

Ian, Colleen and Dave McConnell