Re: [MV] UPDATE Re: [MV] M37 transport info required

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 17:33:58 PDT

Well for those of you who were following my little story of woe....
    Quick recap... I bought an M37, had trouble on the way home with it,
have AAA Plus, called for a ramp truck, AAA denied me a ramp truck, sent a
tow truck. During the tow the M37 lost a wheel and tire.The tow truck
dragged it down the highway for a while until a car pulled up along side the
tow truck and pointed back at the M37. The incident damaged the brake drum
and lock out hub and the tow truck driver could not recover the wheel and
tire.
    My AAA club said sorry, not our tow so not our problem, contact the club
where the tow originated. Did that, they sent out another investigator and
today sent me a letter saying "sorry, your vehicle had a pre existing
problem, the garage we sent is not responsible, AAA towers are independent
contractors we have no control over. Suggest you try some other arbitration
or mediation service. It must suck to be you. Have a nice day."

    So, in the future, if you use AAA, remember that you get what you pay
for. Cheap towing insurance gets you cheap support from 'Member Relations'.

Ron