Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: John Seidts (jseidts@astory.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 18:39:00 PDT

> common sense. They can hold me up checking my ID and vehicle license as
> long as they like anytime they like because I recognize that as a
necessary
> and valid precaution. The rest of their behaviour wasn't related to the
> above by any stretch of anyone's imagination, and remains completely
> unacceptable.

And in addition, if there was suspicion about the intent of the individual,
and this was conducted with any semblance of a felony stop, why were the
Rotties (bad choice by the way- very sweet dog) touching stuff that could be
evidence? And as far as the assertion that military vehicles, ambulances,
and fire trucks were "indicated" in reports as means for delivering
ordnance, why weren't Ryder Trucks pointed out in the same reports when they
HAD been used with known success in MULTIPLE earlier attacks?

Problem is that in the GW Bush Barney Fifedom that has been established,
they have reached the end of the known list of "boogey men" and need to
manufacture new ones to justify the budgets that are going to be cut
otherwise. So expect continuing "alerts" to safeguard our borders- I'm sure
the terrorists wouldn't even THINK about getting across any of the other
several thousand un-protected miles of borders and shoreline we have here in
the US- and just to justify the now TOTALLY overinflated budgets for OHS.
YIPPEE, my ate up volunteer firemen have new turnout gear to battle
terrorists, and I'm expected to accept that without questioning, as well as
ignorant practices of law enforcement such as were demonstrated with our
friend here? My, the emperor's clothes are so fine. How about some bread
and circuses while the empire rots from within...?