Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 20:38:38 PDT

At 6:43 PM -0400 5/10/04, William Taylor wrote:

>Perhaps I'm being a bit sensitive, being a cousin to those
>"jack booted thugs" but let me suggest that your country
>try being less of a home to the terrorist and more of a
>partner in this anti terrorism business. One of the

Bill, the proper response of the custom officials
would be to NOT touch someone else's gear and to
ask as to it's function. Perhaps ask for a
demonstration of it's function to ascertain it's
not some kind of bomb. If I had a working C42
radio in my Ferret and some cop was crawling
around inside it flipping switched and keying
mics (transmitting without a license I might add)
while I was being unceremoniously grilled by his
compadres, only to be told "you're free to go"
when they realized they'd been barking up the
wrong tree, I'd certainly crawl right up his ass
with the Internal affairs department and with his
LT or Captain. After I'd left of course.

>many ways the idiots have of getting into secure areas
>and detonating their vbied's is by stealing or converting
>a military vehicle.
>
>I read stolen emergency vehicle reports quite often along
>with stolen gasoline tankers and the like. I don't blame
>them for checking, I do have a concern if they were using
>the tone you indicated in your post. They have supervisors, call the
>office and make a complaint.

And a stolen CUCV is going to what that a
civilian SUV can't? Same thing for the Radios.
Hell, Cell phones would have longer range and be
more inconspicuous.

I've been reported as a possibly terrorist
driving my ferret around. (Right, Union Jack
Flag, flashing orange beacon...real
inconspicuous...) No cops save one have had a
problem with it. He started sputtering when I
showed the license plate and then got distracted
with a domestic dispute as something of a more
real problem.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)