Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 21:13:20 PDT

At 4:21 PM -0400 5/10/04, Glenn Shaw wrote:
>I guess the easiest way to come to the US to rallies (although it sounds
>like you probably don't want to do that again) is to make sure that you
>do NOT have any commo gear from approx 1970 on, no weapons including

WHY? The whole BLOODY point of the gear is that
it's secure with the Crypto gear. With out the
crypto gear it's a bunch of garbage as far as the
military is concerned. AND, the older crypto gear
is still considered garbage for it's older forms.
There's almost no difference between some of the
military High Power radio and civilian stuff you
can buy out of catalogs SAVE the heavier hardware
and lowest bidder manufacturing.

>dummies, no cammo clothing to be worn at the border crossing, and no
>items of other classes on the SME list. Using these pointers as a guide
>you will have a much easier time during these difficult days. Don't
>forget that Congress has been entertaining the idea of banning the
>private ownership of all military vehicles and ex ambulances, and ex
>police cars due to the fear that they can be used by terrorists to help
>pull off an attack. I don't think we should stir this one up too much
>if you get the drift.

And I can't just buy a Ford LTD, or Caprice or
what ever and paint it to look like a police car?
A light bar wouldn't' be too hard to come by
either. What stops a terrorist group from
stealing a car that's in the shop? On a weekend,
by the time someone realizes it's gone they've
done their task already.

Prior restraint doesn't work in this country.
Don't laud it by giving into the stupid arguments
that don't see past basic logic. Security doesn't
mean stupidity.

>So I hope that you have an easier time in the future here when visiting
>our country and give the guys in uniform a break. They are just doing
>the best they can out there. As far as being in the computer I didn't
>check on that but you can be sure you are after that encounter.

NO SOME ARE NOT doing the best they can. If they
were, I wouldn't have watched two TSA dorks
search the same bag separately. Or if that was
the best they can do, they don't need to be doing
that job. I have a friend that did work for the
TSA and some went to that job directly from
McDonalds. The average TSA dorks at the airports
aren't even close to efficient and frankly,
they're having more of an effect on the economy
than the damn terrorists are.

You should have seen the crap that they pulled at
Tulsa when we finished Gruber 2003. "Hi guys, I'm
checking guns too, want to check my bag now while
it's open?" "Nope, just lock it up, we don't need
to see it." 5 minutes later I get paged. I have
to open the case that I offered to let them
check. Then when I get home I find that my
steamer trunk's lock was cut. Why call me to
check one bag they can't unlock (firearms inside)
and not ask me to check the other bag? My
problems were simple.

We had 40 re-enactors getting checked out and the
Delta employee had a problem with blank ammo in
baggies in a 50 cal can, or in stripper clips in
bandoleers. The TSA goons (yes GOONS) were
salivating because they'd get to keep the ammo
that got "thrown away" because Delta didn't want
the ammo loose or not in the original packaging.
What was funny was that there were as many of us
as there were of them all pointing out how each
of their statements was either wrong as related
to the FARs or reality in general. Hard case to
stop primer strikes from crushing. Not bouncing
around loose to prevent a primer strike but that
the baggie was original packaging and the 50 cal
can would stand more abuse than a cardboard box
inso far as protecting the ammo. And that the
bandoleers in a gun case were nicely protected
and as secure as cardboard boxes would be.
Eventually we browbeat a Delta manager with logic
reason and strength of numbers.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)