Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 20:55:33 PDT

At 10:48 AM -0700 5/10/04, chance wolf wrote:
>They need your help to carry out their mandate without acting like a pack of
>jackbooted Rottweilers.

Chance, figure out which office covers that
border are and write a letter. You might try
calling. Forward it to your chaps on your side of
the border (they let you over didn't they?).
Include information as to Canada's use and
disposal of the kit and explain that you expect
some correction of behavior. Write a letter to
the local papers too just to see if that gets a
bit of heat.

Crappy performance on small and large endeavors
by law enforcement MUST be corrected. Bitching
alone doesn't do squat. My most recent experience
(not nearly as annoying mind you) was watching a
City of Atlanta Police officer casually block
traffic in an intersection (like all the other
morons that do it) with his patrol car. I noted
the vehicle number and called his zone Lt
(they're in the building I work at) and asked
that the officer set an example and not add to
the traffic jams. The Lt was apologetic and said
that he'd figure out who wasn't using his brains.

A letter to the MVPA would probably also be a
good idea...CC the letter to the Customs office
to the MVPA. Someone in the MVPA might know
someone in customs and might crawl up the right
ass about wasting time. You never know...

Sometimes you'll be surprised.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)