Re: [MV] cleaning out an old gas tank

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 07:17:22 PDT

Check around and see if you can find "Butyl Cellusolve". I purchase it in
55 gallon drums to use in detergent manufacturing. A few gallons poured in
tank and sloshed around and left standing couple days should dissolve
everything in tank, be aware it will also do the same to paint.

Use hand and eye protection to handle it, not a particularly dangerous
product, I just never take a chance with any chemicals.

This is common name for chemical, I can look up precise name if you need it.

Everette