Re: [MV] Gas Tank Cleaning

From: Chris Petrell (taz-list@rawfire.torche.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 15:47:30 PDT

  Actually its "Carburetor Dip", Its nasty stuff usually comes in a 1
gallon bucket like a paint can, and has its own basket inside so you can
drop your parts in, soak em, and pull em out. You can get it at any
auto-parts store.
   If anyone uses this stuff inside a gas tank, be sure to wear full
safety gear, like gloves, goggles, face shield, long sleeves, heck I'd
even wear rain gear as a just in case. Also, I'd lay down a tarp on
the ground where you do the work, and have a wide oil pan to catch it
when you drain it. I've been burned by this stuff years back.. so be
careful!

C.