Re: [MV] Weight of an M35a2 bed? And general road driven deuce questions

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 17:15:05 PDT

Bob the Gearhead:

There is man who makes very nice 4-wheel trucks out of M35's. Contact John
Tennis via email at jatonka at telenet dot net (@ and . removed for
anti-spam reasons)

You are probably correct that the bed is heavier than a car hauler bed. The
transmission has the capability of a rear-facing pto to drive a hydraulic
setup for the bed/winch. As has been stated in this forum about 1000 times,
yes, you can make them go faster, but getting them to stop reliably is
difficult. If you can't drive 55, you might need to switch over to full
airbrakes, or get a different truck, and use the deuce to annoy the
neighbors. 44 inch high tires are possible. Taller than that, you'd
probably need lift kits. Then you lose accessibility and convenience for the
towing operation, and your C of G gets too high for comfort, IMHO.

Keep us informed of your project. It sounds interesting.

Arthur P. Bloom, Pres.

www.M35products.com
Inter Agency Motor Pool
(stuff for M35's)