Re: [MV] Fuel price web site from DOE

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 09:17:38 PDT

I can't agree. The taxes do not change every week/day as gas prices do.
at MOST they change once a year. Gas has gone up what? a dollar a
gallon in the last year in NoCal? IMSHO Bush and Cheneys friends in the
oil world realize they stand a good chance of not getting re-elected and
are pulling in all they can until then. Chevron just reported record
breaking profits, and that was after they would have hidden all that
they could from us/the IRS.

This has drawn irate derision from some before, but still feel it would
be best if the US Government controlled the gas as a national bureau.
Yes the books could still be cooked, however

1: We would have a better shot at finding the problems as governmental
agencies have to report when ordered / inspectors occasionally sneak in
to check on them
2: Fuel is a critical need of the Americas economy. If we had decent
mass transit that would not be so, but due to the size of the USA and
the way we all value our ability to go wherever we want at will I doubt
that we will ever have effective mass transit here

The same with the 9 billion dollars charged to Californians for the
power 2-3 years ago: no one at home in the white house so we lose
billions. OTOH it did give us Schwarzenegger instead of Davis...

Paul

Paul, we're getting screwed in CA for 2 reasons:

1. That gang of politicians in Sacramento keeps heaping more taxes on
motor fuel.

2. No CA based refining facilities have been built here in far too many
years.
     Thank you extremist greenies!!

Dick