Bob Morgan, pilot of the Memphis Belle

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 20:02:03 PDT

Some sad news to pass on to all of you this morning is the death of Bob Morgan, the pilot of the famous Memphis Belle died yesterday in Ashville North Carolina.  He was 85 years old.  Bob fell at an airshow back in April and broke his neck.  His death is a serious reminder to all of us about the slipping away of our "greatest generation" and reinstates the reason why we are a living history group and why it is so important that we continue to remind folks of the gallant efforts made by those brave airmen of WWII.