Re: [MV] Rust in lamp housing

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 09:59:29 PDT

> Could you contact mission control and ask them to step down the
> magnification and Image size?

<g> Actually it was. The original photos are about 3 megs each ( in
JPEG, not TIFF format ). I scrunch them down about 85-90% then post
them... They lose a lot of detail, however many Listers are still using
modems so this lets all see it if they choose to. The files end up
being 100-200K in size. Question: what browser are you using? IE6 and
Firefox/Mozilla both resize the photo automatically once the image is
downloaded.

> Or, just buy some NOS lights or good take offs when you come across
> some

Wish I could. These very likely are not military light housings as the
truck was converted in about 1970.. I've found numerous replacements new
however they are all plastic ( yuck!! ) so for these at least chose to
restore them.

As to seeing the outer housing, they are beautiful now. One of the other
photos shows them however as you say it's pixelated. But even taking
forever with my tiny little compressor I love the way a blasting cabinet
makes old things look and feel newish again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

           Paul