Re: [MV] CBs?

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 06:56:03 PDT

El-cheapo man's converter to change 24 volts to 12...solder a string of
diodes in series...with the thought in mind that each diode reduces the
voltage by .6 (6/10) volt. (yep, it'll take a lot of 'em) Keep adding
them till you get the voltage output that you want. Someone else will
probably show how to use a zener diode to make a similar voltage reducer
as long as it isn't used for more than it is designed for...it will work
and is cheap to make. Fred