Re: [MV] Jerry can on Ebay

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:51:03 PDT

At 9:46 AM -0700 5/19/04, Colin M Rush wrote:
>I can vouch for these NATO cans. Fellow in my club bought a bunch of
>them, and a friend and I took one out on a trail run three weeks ago. No
>leaks and no fumes, ever. And they pour much faster due to the vent.
>The spout is not vented, but slipping a piece of tubing on the vent
>before you put the spout on will fix that. We came back, told everyone
>else about how well it worked, and the the guy sold every one he had to
>club members, and ordered more. The metal contents ID tags are handy
>too. If I did not already have a dozen of the red USMC cans, I would get
>on that wagon.

Oh, yes. These are the NATO/British/German WWII spec cans. The US
took the can idea and then changed it. The British pretty much put it
into production as it was. They're quite good. I bought an arm load
of them a while back and have them for my British MVs. Spouts are
also available.

Its usually a good idea to spray the closure hinges with some lithium
grease or something to keep it free and prevent seizing.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -