Re: [MV] M151A2 fuel in crankcase

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 22:23:08 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "noel shelley" <noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] M151A2 fuel in crankcase

> Hi All ,
> The only other way is down the bores, due to a very over rich
> mixture , ie the choke out for FAR to long or the choke stuck in period .
Is
> the fuel consumption very poor , is there an internal leak in the carb ?
> Are the plugs sooty or black ? Is there an ignition fault thats leaving
> unburnt fuel ?
> More clues = more answers .

Could be a stuck float and raw gas just blowing down into the intake
manifold somehow (bad carb gasket between top and bottom half?) My M37 did
that for way too long. Another irritating thing my 151 did was when I left
if for long periods of time, by some process known only unto the Physics
Gods, the carb would keep percolating raw gas into my intake manifold and
then into the combustion chambers, past the rings, and on into the oil. Not
fun. The resulting overly dry starts sounded...sickening.