Re: [MV] M151A2 fuel in crankcase

From: Dave Winslow \(Dad\) (David@Winslow.mv.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 09:25:18 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bigfoot Ghille" <ghille@writeme.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M151A2 fuel in crankcase

> My M715 has the 230 tornado engine and mechanical fuel pump, and I
get a little bit of gas in the oil. An old-timer told me that all
carburated engines get some gas in the oil, especially at idle,
because a carb can't deliver a precise amount of gas/air like
injection does. My truck spends most of it's time idleing, and I know
it's time to change oil when the rear seal starts leaking.

I've had this problem due to a mad mechanical fuel pump. Fuel leaks
through diaphragm into the crankcase.

Dave W.