Awesome Day

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 19:24:20 PDT

Folks today was Awesome. The Arrowhead Chapter, MVPA had the PREVILEDGE
to meet Congressional Medal of Honor, Navy Cross and other recipients of
( I'm sorry but I don't know them all ) awards for courage in the face of
the enemy. The Legion of Valor held their convention here in Fort Worth
and we were invited to transport these HERO's from their hotel to
memorial ceremonies at Heritege Park and back to their hotel.

We had 2 WW11 jeeps, WW11 Dodge WC52 weapons carrier, a White M2
Halftrack, a M211 2 1/2 ton
and my M35A2. A humbling experience to meet these men, shake their
hands, and see their eyes brighten when learning they would get to ride
in the trucks. One gentleman remarked " I've waited 60 years to ride in
one of these!" as he boarded the halftrack.
Another elderly fellow stated " I never got to jump out of anything
before!" and before anyone knew what was up he jumped out of one of the
dueces. ( already parked and tailgate down ) while we still getting the
ladder out. Turned out, he had been a P38 Lightning pilot in the PTO and
you cannot jump out of one of those.

I was totally in awe as one after another shook our hands, thanked us for
OUR service to our country and for bringing the vehicles for them to ride
in. Today these 7 trucks were time machines and helped some special men
return to a time in the past for a short while.

What an HONOR to have been a part of todays activities because of an
old, green, stinky, diesel truck.

May God Bless These Men,

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Vietnam 1966