Re: [MV] Source for tire spoons?

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 07:01:02 PDT

Hmmm. curious about something here..

Bruce Kalin <convoy@mtaofnj.us> wrote:
> Just be careful that when you take your hat off,
> it's still not attached
> to your head - a serious side effect of split rim
> removal.

Canadian WW-II trucks have split rims..pretty hard to
cause serious harm either in pulling apart
(mostly hard work to get the bead off the rim halves)

or putting together
(basically tightening the rim bolts, and putting air
in) ..

unless of course you do something REALLY stupid, but
doing something while cooking can hurt you too...

My understanding is that its the "split-ring" wheels
that are the one's requiring extreme caution, and
especially when re-assembling and putting in air..

Ie the types of rims that were common on heavy
commercial trucks for decades, up until recently.

Yes?? No???

Marc