Re: [MV] Source for tire spoons?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 09:06:02 PDT

At 11:25 AM -0400 5/24/04, Steve & Jeannie Keith wrote:
>There are a number pf "split ring" wheel designs:
>
>2 piece that come apart in the middle. You and tell these by the wide
>raised ring in the middle of the wheel.
>[snip]

Not to be confused with the Split Rims or Combat Rims that are like
two saucers placed base to base and bolted together around the edge
where they meet at the base. These are highly preferred in my mind
due to the greater deliberate actions needed to take the rims apart.
This is what Marc is speaking of as a difference. Ferrets, Saracens,
Saladins, WWII British Trucks (and wheeled armor), WWII Canadian
Trucks (and wheeled armor) and a number of other military vehicles
have these.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -