Best way to kill balance

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 21:49:24 PDT

I have a shuddering that starts at about 45mph. I don't know if it would
go away because the thing doesn't go past 53mph.

I removed the little log that was stuck in the tire, but that didn't do a
thing at all.

What's the best way to determine which tire has a balance problem? The
truck gets shaking almost like if the shake were going from front to
back. Sometimes it goes away a little but then comes back.

Would it be a good idea to start taking off the bald tires? on one side
there is one bald and one good tire.

What about running 4 tires on the rear most axle and two singles on the
front rear axle? Could this be a tire size mismatch symptom? And if so,
would taking out an axle shaft fix it temporarily?

I need ideas. Its not a bad shake, but I don't want to drive it for more
than a few miles on the highway.

Grant