Re: [MV] Log, Radio, Tailgate

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 21:44:10 PDT

I drove to work today and the CD player wouldn't work over about 45mph. I
still have a really bad hop/shimey/shake thing going on. :(

Not only do I have a synchroless crash box, but I also have a blender. My
transmission is much noiser than the engine or road noise. It sounds like
an extremely loud cold stone grinding an axe. Can you imagine that? :( I
could just make out the lyrics on the stereo turned up to 22w per speaker.

Anyway, got a new CD player, this time from my sister. It has a better
skip thing built in, and the CD spins true (the other one kinda orbited
around probably making the laser sledge work too hard).

On to the deuce axles. I built the rims from scratch. I cut some steel,
and had it rolled into a drum at a steel fab shop. I also built a cnc
plasma table in the garage and cut the rings for the bead lock rims. There
are about 260 .5" holes per rim and 1,500 inches of cut. Cutting cost per
rim was about $8, and time 2.5 hours. :)

The only deuce part in there other than the axle is the wheel center. I
kept about a 10-11" diameter of the rim to use as the lug nut seat.

http://media.diywelder.com/images2/022904-01tonsofcutstuff_6793.jpg
Thats a stack of the ring quarters. I think there is about 32 or so there.

http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-09hubanddrum_6400.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-11weldincenter_6419.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-15insidelock%20cleareances_6434.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-16beadlocksideview_6435.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-13beadlockmounted_6425.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-01rockwellsnow1_6333.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/media/images/011804-03rockwellsnow3_6336.jpg
http://media.diywelder.com/images2/020504-tireangle_6649.JPG

Whats it going on? A 1972 International Scout II. ;)

http://media.diywelder.com/images2/040504-buggy04-rideheight_7017.jpg