The MUTT project is underway at last!! Need a warning decal.

From: rertman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 08:28:09 PDT

At long last, The Great MUTT revitalization project is underway!!

Yesterday, I hooked the MUTT (M151A2) to my Dodge diesel pickup (thanks to the MIL
towbar I bought from Dave Kelone) and towed it to the home of a friend who does great
body and sheet metal work. It'll be painted desert tan using Zero-Rust MIL spec
non reflective paint (thanks to Sgt. Cliff Smith, USMC, Camp Pendleton, CA, for
telling me about the Zero-Rust paint). The paint maker is at www.zero-rust.com

Once the body's done, I can dive into the mechanicals. The steering has too much
free play. The engine idles OK, but stutters when I step on the throttle. The
mechanical work should go well thanks to the complete set of tech docs on a CD
from Ken (Muttguru).

Meanwhile, I need a few items.

One of the red dashboard decals that warns you not to drive the MUTT
as if it's a Porsche. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get one, please?

A windshield hold-down for when the windshield is folded down onto the hood.
Need the windshield and hood parts.

The small cover that goes over the connection plate where the wires connect to
the alternator.

Engine air intake part of the fording kit. I don't plan to take the MUTT into deep
water, but the tall air intake just looks cool! :)

Has anyone used Optima batteries in the MUTT? I'm wondering which Optimas to use.
Planning to install a Teflon floor in the battery compartment to prevent battery
acid from eating through the compartment floor. I'll also install drains in
the battery compartment floor.

I have some "before" pix of the MUTT and will take some pix as the project progresses.

After it's all done, the plan is to get it titled and registered. Haven't yet decided
whether to do this in CA or TX. It hasn't ever had a civvy title/registration, so I'll
take care of that in whichever of those two states has the smallest hassle index. :)

Looking forward to getting this little gem on the road.

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter in the MUTT saga. :)

Dick