Re: [MV] The MUTT project is underway at last!! Need a warning decal.

From: Sean Nichols (Sean.Nichols@xilinx.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 08:50:20 PDT

"After it's all done, the plan is to get it titled and registered.
Haven't yet decided
whether to do this in CA or TX. It hasn't ever had a civvy
title/registration, so I'll
take care of that in whichever of those two states has the smallest
hassle index. :)"

Speaking from fairly recent experience with my M35 registration, I would
avoid the California DMV if at all possible! My deuce was in a similar
state, having never been registered before, and it took something in the
neighborhood of 8 months of waiting, overcharges, numerous calls to
supervisors in Sacramento, incorrect reimbursements, incorrect name on
title, title sent to person I bought it from instead of me, and so
forth. Plus, due to the financial mess the state is in right now, the
DMV is overworked and hugely understaffed. So even the most simple
transaction is taking a lot longer than it used to. If you want to
drive your Mutt in the same decade you started the title process, I'd
see what the Lone Star State has to offer!

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good luck!

Sean Nichols
'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck