Re: [MV] M1009 Painting ideas

From: BriMilJeep@aol.com
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 10:31:09 PDT

In a message dated 5/27/2004 9:57:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, chance_wolf@shaw.ca writes:
> I've heard nothing but good things about New Life's
> products from club members in my local chapter.

,
,

It's one of only about 4 times in twenty-two years I dealt with someone in this hobby who was, in my opinion, dishonest and screwed me. It was probably 10 years ago, but I'll never do business with them again.

They never fulfilled their commitment after getting what they wanted from me. I ended up being out cash, time, effort and my rare original canvas (that I let them borrow after they begged me to let them copy the pattern) came back in worse condition than I sent it to them in -- contrary to what they promised, and it was returned weeks later, only after I had to make several phone calls insisting on it's return. The compensation we agreed to at the beginning was not what was fulfilled after they got what they wanted from me.

They might do right by the guys in your club - and that's good news - that's the way it should be. But I will never take the chance with them again. They burned that bridge.

Brian French
Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII / www.Drive.To/WWII
Squadron Patches of WWII / www.Fly.To/WWII
Lake Forest, CA
SCMVCC since 1983 - Keep 'em Rolling
ALPCA # 9174 - Keep 'em from Rusting
disclaimer: The opinions expressed are those of the author - and they are just that - opinions.