Re: [MV] Cummins engine info needed

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 18:54:50 PDT

<<Does anyone know if there is a currently-offered small stepvan or delivery
truck with a Cummins 4BT engine? Thanks. APB>>

My personal, "shooting from the lip" response is, "no". The reason is, I'm
such a Cummins B freak that I'm sure if there were, I'd have heard of it.

As to the links some other respondents have provided, unless I'm mistaken,
these are not fitted with the Cummins B engine. But if they are I hope
somebody will enlighten me.

What I DO know, is that during the last decade or so, the Frito Lay Company,
re-powered their very large fleet of GMC "P" van, gasoline V8 powered
"bread trucks" along with a much smaller number of Ford vans.

More recently, they made a corporate decision to sell this entire fleet and
replace it with bigger trucks, which were already diesel powered.

Therefore, these trucks are out there, and in large numbers. You very well
may be able to buy one from Frito Lay in your neck of the woods. Otherwise,
they're not hard to find on the secondary market.

I hope this is responsive to your request.

Sincerely,
Vernon Tuck
http://www.tucklings.com