Re: [MV] POLITICAL-GUNS-VEHICLES all equals our FIRST AMENDMENT

From: Jim Cooney (triumphtrash13@eircom.net)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 09:39:05 PDT

Hi Gene,

Just a couple of points in reply to your comments; I did not question
anyone's rights under the First or Second Amendments. I merely pointed out
the recent dip in MV content. I do acknowledge that there is cause for
considered debate on the issue of gun ownership in your country and that you
have a "cast in stone" right under the First Amendment to make your views
known. However, my point was that political debate and not MV debate and
info,was starting to dominate list content. There are loads of lists and
forums for anyone who wants to voice their political opinions on gun laws
etc.
I had no problem with the discussion just thought it wasn't the right place
for such a large amount of politics.
You voice your entitlement to Free speech under the First Amendment but went
on to say in your post "If you don't like the discussion ... stay out of
it."
Are others not entitled to express their opinions?
I don't think anyone was laying on your freedom so please don't lay on mine!

That said, the list has got back to the one thing we all have in common and
that' our interest in MVs so Gene whatever our opinions we have managed to
accomplish that much which can't be bad.

J.Cooney, Supply and Transport Corps, Irish Army retired and real proud of
it too........

still looking for a good source of M1008A1 spare parts in Europe