list banter...was: [MV] POLITICAL-GUNS-VEHICLES all equals our FIRST AMENDMENT

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 09:59:05 PDT

At 5:39 PM +0100 5/29/04, Jim Cooney wrote:
>Hi Gene,
>
>Just a couple of points in reply to your comments; I did not question
>anyone's rights under the First or Second Amendments. I merely pointed out
>the recent dip in MV content. I do acknowledge that there is cause for
>considered debate on the issue of gun ownership in your country and that you
>have a "cast in stone" right under the First Amendment to make your views
>known. However, my point was that political debate and not MV debate and
>info,was starting to dominate list content. There are loads of lists and
>forums for anyone who wants to voice their political opinions on gun laws
>etc.

Jim, the thing to realize about this list or any
others, is that you'll get a group of friends
together after a while and sometimes they just
digress onto tangents. Go to any club meeting and
after a while, you'll see the same kind of thing
in person among individuals. This is of course a
list so it's many to many. Having been on e-mail
lists and the internet since the heady days of
1991, its something I've grown to accept. Bear in
mind that the Signal to noise ratio of this list
is still extremely high.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)