Questions about towing an M37

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 13:53:19 PDT

List, I just sold my M37 to a guy who is planning to
rent a tow dolly from U-haul and tow the truck approx.
175 miles one way. Anyone have some suggestions,
comments, ideas about this. My intital concern is the
weight of the M37, width of the front tires. This is a
62 M37B1 with winch. I had guessed that the weight
would be approx 5,800 lbs. My other concern was towing
the truck with the rear wheels on the ground and
potential damage to the rear axle even if you
disconnect the axle shaft. My understanding is the tow
vehicle will be a 3/4 heavy duty full size Ford. Any
comments or prior experence in this would be
apprisiated. thanks
Dan Bever
MVPA18507