MILDOCS.COM -- Enhanced NSN Search is Back Online!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 15:49:23 PDT

Hello Fellow Listers...

I am very pleased to announce that after months of hard work and
database crunching, the technicians at MILDOCS.COM have rebuilt the
Enhanced NSN Search, and it is ready for you to use right now!

With the necessary measures enacted with the Patriot Act and Homeland
Security, several government databases from which we had contracted to
pull live data were removed from availability, which caused
MILDOCS.COM's Enhanced NSN Search to stop functioning. I apologize
for this outage, but there was nothing we could do to convince the
powers that be to help us with the situation. So we had to turn
elsewhere.

Now, after a complete rebuild of the system and data (well over 1.5
million items by their NSN numbers), we have established multiple data
sources -- both internal to the MILDOCS.COM facility and external --
connected to the MILDOCS.COM servers so NSN data can come from more
than a single database.

Also, the most common NSN searches are now stored in memory for even
faster access.

I would like to invite all of you to try out the Enhanced NSN Search
on MILDOCS.COM for free for the next 2 weeks (until June 15, 2004).

Just go to WWW.MILDOCS.COM/nsn_search.html and type or copy and paste
any real NSN, NIIN or FSN number (with or without spaces or dashes in
any format) into the search field, click the GO button, and the
Enhanced NSN Search will provide you with more data than you could
ever hope for on that part, including:

  o Official Item Title
  o NSN Number (Formatted in Regular and Plain Formats)
  o NIIN Number (Formatted in Regular and Plain Formats)
  o FSN Number (Formatted in Regular and Plain Formats)
  o How Much the Government Originally Paid for This Item
  o Which Branches of the Military Officially Use This Item
  o DEMIL Code for This Item
  o Full Published Specifications (Such as Weight, Material, etc.)
  o Category in Which This Item is Contained
  o Category Description
  o List of All ETMS in Which This NSN is Mentioned

If you like the NSN Search, and you would like to use it after the
June 15 2004 free trial period close date, I invite you to subscribe
to MILDOCS.COM for just $19.95 a year. That comes out to less than $2
a month! You'll have 24-hour access to all of the 22,000 MILDOCS.COM
electronic manuals, the Enhanced NSN Search, and new features as they
come online, all over our high-speed 8mbps Internet pipeline for fast
access and high availability.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy having the
MILDOCS.COM Enhanced NSN Search available again.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com