RE: [MV] 5 Ton Oil Filters?

From: Lee Franklin (lee@wellnesshealth.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 21:11:18 PDT

The army method is to run an oil analysis on a regular schedule (monthly
iirc), and the oil was only changed if it came back as bad, and
doublechecked on a retest even then. In the 8 years I spent as an Army
Mechanic, I have only changed the oil on a truck a few times, it averages
out to maybe once every five+ years or so. I definately wouldn't change out
5ish gallons of oil annually myself, but it is your truck, it is your right
to baby it.

-Lee