RE: [MV] M1009 started problem

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 08:15:43 PDT

Hi
GM Diesel Starters have this problem quite often. Have repaired this a
few times now on various customers trucks. Make sure you still have the
rear support on the starter. Many mechanics when they work on the
trucks don't bother to put it back on. They think that because they
don't see it on a gas engine its not needed. Also the bolts need to be
very tight and locktighted with blue or even red to help prevent this.
After it happens you can get the piece out but it will not be fun. If
you do not, the new it will not last with 1/4 inch thread working.

Have fun;

Glenn
MVPA
MTANJ