Re: [MV] How to make your own lockouts for the M35 Rockwell 240 axle

From: Brian Sikkema (bjsikkem@mtu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 06:12:12 PDT

> If you add the cost of the lathe, stock for hubs,
> tooling, and electrical hookup I could have bought
> many sets of real hubs from Art. But, I did get to
> use the M35 to haul home the lathe.

True, but now you have a 16" lathe! :) I wouldn't call that a bad thing, as
long as you get to make use of it for other stuff (and I know I would).

One of the best parts about where I go to school is we have a very nice
machine shop, 2 lathes, 3 mills (2 of those CNC) and a lot of other
metalworking machines, plus a woodworking shop as well, and as long as you
provide your own materials you can use it for whatever you want, for free.
Not a bad deal at all.

Brian

---