Re: [MV] 2.5 versuses 5 ton trucks - CDLs

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 18:01:57 PDT

    I really don't see the great problem with all of this, I have driven
both deuces and 5 tons all over at least 6 states, for pleasure and for
movies, got enough miles in a few months to get the MVPA driver award at
the same convention Joe Young got his. I have driven by weigh stations
countless times. Usually without a tag displayed. I have a CDL, a
million blanket commercial policy but I have never been asked or even
stopped by a commercial vehicle officer. I feel that there is enough
problems that come my way without calling them up and inviting them.

If the do-rights have a problem with your truck they will pull you over
and tell you about it.

Joe Shannon