Re: [MV] M37 RIMS

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 07:54:32 PDT

Vernon,

The M101 is a trailer designed to use the M37 rim.

The idea in the military has been to use the same wheel as the pulling vehicle. Since the pulling vehicle would be equiped with a spare if a trailer would get a flat they would use the one from the vehicle.

This is done to simplify supply and why you usually do not see a military trailer with a spare tire mount.

Thanks,
Rick

From: "Vernon Tuck" <vtuck@tucklings.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:54:52 -0500