Re: [MV] Bjorn's recipe for long front tire life (M35)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 06:28:22 PDT

There has been much discussion as of late on disabling on rear axle wether it
be by pulling an axle shaft or the interaxle drive shaft. Either way you have
to pull 8 bolts apart. I know much debate has come about over the abiltiy to
move the truck on anything less than flat level terrain. If BJorn's research
is right, and it usually is, then the merit of running with a disabled rear
would be worth it. Now back to the tractive debate. If one really wants to run
with the front hubs unlocked and one rear axle disabled, one could always put a
Detroit Locker in the reamining rear axle. They aren't overly expensive at
about $400 and no gear setup is required. Just a thought!
Kenny