RE: [MV] Bjorn's recipe for long front tire life (M35)

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 08:00:34 PDT

I probably should agree with you, but the procedure in my -20 manual
suggests 1/4 turn, which translates into about 15 thousands of endplay
(based on the pitch of the tread). The play adds to the toe and camber
errors.
I agree that the bearings must never run hot. Just a matter of fine tuning,
that's all. Some references suggest an endplay of 5 thousands max.
Bjorn