Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage

From: michael@tsixroads.com
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 19:45:44 PDT

You had better be proud that most don't know or don't enforce all the laws on the books.

Like towing an empty trailer over 10,000 pounds empty makes you a truck driver needing a Class A license and all the BS that goes with it.

My brand new factory built trailer is illegal. (It only has brakes on one axial and doesn't have brake-away switch.) The factory owner just builds them with what you need to get by.

I like to think that the old pro cops use common sense in enforcing the law. The new ones fresh out of training tend to be more letter of the law (as they remember it) and zero tolerance.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS

  I would bet that there isn't one law enforcement
officer in ten who know the law before going out and writing tickets, thats
why they just write tickets on what they figure the judge will go along with
usually. I've always said that there are talkers and then there are do'ers
in this world and about two thirds are talkers.