Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 21:08:24 PDT

People have got to understand that Joe citizen have rights in this
country
and must ask to see charges in writing if they have doubts. The law puts
on
their britches the same way I do, one leg at a time and I'll be dammed if
they are gonna bluff me. I would bet that there isn't one law
enforcement
officer in ten who know the law before going out and writing tickets,
thats
why they just write tickets on what they figure the judge will go along
with
usually.

**** Speaking from experience I'd say your math isn't very good. MOST
modern Law Enforcement Agencies REQUIRE competent employees who know how
to read the trafffic ordinance & State Laws books that they get the
statute numbers that go along with the descriptions of the violation you
will find on your summons. Its a CYA thing.
  EVERYBODY knows you have options ot just paying the fine.
  There are plenty of other laws on the books around this country that
don't get enforced thanks to common sense on the part of Law Enforcement
& Prosecuters too. Heck, we're probably breaking some right now like
staying up too late on friday night ! Oops, sorry. Thats one I use on
the teenage daughter.
  Steve

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!