RE: [MV] Panthers and Tigers, why are their tracks loose

From: Doc Scheffler (roughdoc@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 17:41:50 PDT

It's called "dead" track, versus "live" track. Check out any American made
bulldozer if you want to see examples.

There are lots of arguments pro and con for dead versus live track. America
has pretty much went with live track. Our commie friends pretty much went
with dead track.

Short of a dissertation from the Armor School, there are pros and cons for
both.

Doc