copyright and list email

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 07:15:55 PDT

"To the best of my knowledge and belief, the law says that once an email is
on my machine it is mine to do with what I wish and no longer belongs to the
sender. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this"

This is called the World Wide Web WWW. and a simple search will answer a lot
of questions. So check here http://www.press.umich.edu/jep/05-01/field.html
for one opinion and for more just do a google search. There is lots of info
out there. But it's like the traffic laws,copyright law starts on
enforcement! Wayne
PS I seen nothing on this list that would "make posts that scare the hell
out of people to a point of being afraid to drive on the public roadways of
a state"

>From: "Ida Heath" <spike@defuniak.com>
>Subject: Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage
>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:14:38 -0500
>
>Glenn,
>
>First of all, let me just say that my intentions could not be further from
>trying to stir up any crap for anyone or anything whatsoever, but when
>people come on this list and make posts that scare the hell out of people
>a point of being afraid to drive on the public roadways of a state then
>I'am of the opinion that its time to get to the facts of the law straight
>from the horse's mouth. Thats the only reason I'am in the middle of
>drafting a letter to the officials of Ma.
>
>I have no intentions of giving anyone any names or email addresses but as
>far as I know there is no law that says I can't copy and paste, is there?
>wouldn't post anything on this or any other list that I give a crap for
>anybody seeing, including the President of the United States, would you?
>
>To the best of my knowledge and belief, the law says that once an email is
>on my machine it is mine to do with what I wish and no longer belongs to
>the
>sender. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sonny

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups – now 3 months FREE!