Re: [MV] Need help finding G506 Fire tank replacement.

From: Bill (bill@welovenh.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 17:07:00 PDT

I have a WW2 Chevy 1.5 Ton 325 Fire truck that I am restoring.

In examine the tank I have found that the bottom has rusted through in
many places and the baffles in the tank are shot. While the tank bottom
is punky the sides and top are in very good shape and useable.

Until the "Powerball" comes rolling down the driveway having a
replacement replica tank manufactured is not within my budget. I have
been contemplating installing a smaller tank plastic, stainless,
aluminum, or other inside the front portion of the existing tank. Anyone
have any links for manufacturers of chemical tanks that I could purchase
that would fit inside the existing tank. The water inlet is in the top
and the exit plumbing is located in the bottom corner (3 inch outlet) it
also backfills through this bottom plumbing when filling from the front
mounted pump draft.

This does not have to be a big tank. Dimensions should be 36" long x
48" wide x 22" high. Just enough to carry some water to make it function.

I have been contacting some custom fabrication contractors locally but
if I could by a ready made tank that was close it would fit my needs.

Many Thanks,

Bill

--
..."A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite time in the future.  General George S. Patton, Jr."