Re: [MV] New Email Problem

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 17:38:34 PDT

Well, Yeah. <g>

My concern is that it is intercepting and modifying emails I send. I had
not seen nor heard of that before. It LOOKS like the ISP trying to make
a name for itself or money from sad sacks... but to install software
like that on a public mail server...

I spend more of my time at work fixing hijacked/wormed/etc systems: the
problems are getting worse and doing so faster. But I had to laugh
today: one of our engineers is from the London area. He doth like the '
wild American women ' ( actually the Russians seem to as well, but the
English are more enthusiastic about the topic ). He was sent a spam by
someone else in the office who ( quite properly ) did not open it... but
the Brit did. When asked why he said ' well it said it had a picture of
a naked woman inside! of COURSE I'm going to open it! '.

Sigh...

scam

Do not respond

ignore