Re: [MV] Deuce carrying capacity

From: cgarbee@ipass.net
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 19:50:33 PDT

A Norwesco eleptical leg 1035 gallon tank fits very well into the bed of a M35A2
with room to spare for a pump, accessories, and operator. I put one on a
truck this spring for use on the farm. Truck gets up out of the river bottom
and to the orchard very well with a full load and the guys who operate it (who
really wanted power steering) say that it is very easy to drive (steer, shift,
brake, ect.) even without my doing anything to the truck (manual steering,
sprague front axle, etc...).

Photos of the truck with the tank installed are at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/m35pages/m35photos5.htm

I had originally planed to use a Norwesco horizontal leg tank at 1025 gallons,
but it is around 11 feet long and I needed space for the pump... Price of the
horizontal leg tank and bands was 2/3 that of the eliptical tank and bands that
I ended up using...

Hope this helps,
CGarbee
www.garbee.net/~cabell