Re: [MV] Deuce carrying capacity

From: Jim Cooney (triumphtrash13@eircom.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 00:23:41 PDT

Hi,

I drove an M35 water tanker in Lebanon in 83/84 on service with the UN.
It had a 1000 gallon tank on the back with a Briggs & Stratton donkey to
pump it out. We had to go in to some seriously rough terrain areas with
these trucks all day and every day and they performed with great
reliability. Nothing could bust them and I can assure you we tried. They
tried to replace them with I think Chevy Kodiak 4x4 tanker trucks and they
simply couldn't take the hardship suffered on water delivery so they had to
resume using the M35's and M50's water tankers. I don't think you'll have
any problems hauling 1250 gallons at speeds of 5-10 mph. Your truck should
be well up to it.

Regards,

****