Re: [MV] cable slaves

From: Robert Soar (billy_ruffian@fireflyuk.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 07:49:50 PDT

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:04:40 -0500, Mark B. Anderson <mark@aasurplus.ca>
wrote:

> Thanks for all the great comments I have had a good laugh :)
>
> BUT does anyone have the cable I'm looking for and no I will not use the
> word SLAVE in my post anymore LOL
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark still searching for NATO cable for boosting vehicles single plug.

Known as a vehicle interconnecting cable. I have one but not spare. I can
probably get one for you over here in the UK but shipping may be
expensive. Be careful and try to examine (or have someone else examine)
the cable before purchase. Each end has what is basically a large co-axial
plug that fits into a box on the vehicles generator circuit, it is not
uncommon to find the plug at one end of the cable has suffered burn
damage. (These things carry the sort of amperage that's required to turn
over a reluctant tank diesel engine)

It'ds probably worth buying a damaged cable as well so that you can cut
off the burnt plug and attach crocodile clamps to the bare cables to make
a jump lead to for civilian vehicle to military starting.

Some of the UK dealers advertising on www.milweb net are probably your
best source.

Regards, Rob

1954 Ferret Mk2/5 VHF 38 BA 15